Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On Dictionary Usage.

The URL that I most often have in my web browser is not what you might think (it is not Facebook, my personal email, the link to this blog or even to my favorite blog for that matter).  Besides myusc.edu, I most often have websters.com open.  I like words, but more so I like how words are used. If in casual conversation, in lecture, or in an article I come across a word I like, I jot it down for future use.  Finding a good word that captures exactly what it is you are trying to say is like finding buried treasure or. . . or. . .  exactly what I am doing right now, which is sipping on a peanut butter milk shake while basking in the afternoon sun with Merriam-Webster's minimized on my desktop and let me tell you,   life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment