Sunday, April 24, 2011

On Remedy.

Last week was so discouraging. It was finals week for school so already things were less than comfortable and then my car broke. Straight up made a horrible noise and then stopped functioning.  There were other minor setbacks thrown into the mix. My Iphone camera stopped working.  It went all purple and dark. After a few bad days right in a row, I needed to put a stop to my woes.  So, as the nerd that I am,  I decided the perfect remedy would be a museum visit. I took the Metro straight to the Grand Ave MOCA and then onwards to the Geffen.  An established art institution displaying counter-culture (I was at the Art in the Streets exhibit) brings out more people in LA than a Monet or Van Gogh or Picasso.  Half the time I didn't know what I was looking at since I am not up on my street artists.  But by getting lost in the moment; I felt better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment