Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On Glitter and Gold

I am into gold this holiday season. To prove it, I spoiled myself after work today and got a sparkly gold pedi.


 This golden story continues: Tomorrow the company for which I work is hosting their annual holiday party and I will be decked out in a gold and beige get-up from J. Crew. There is a nice story behind this dress. About a month ago, I had dress envy when I first saw it on the hanger in J. Crew. My BFF was in town and I was gushing over it. "This is the best dress of the season, if I had a job, I would buy it, etc." A few weeks later, I was in Seattle for Thanksgiving waiting to hear about a prospective job. I got a good news phone call mid-afternoon and by the evening time I was celebrating in J. Crew with office attire on the mind. Sure enough, this dress had just been tried on and denied and had made its way back to the SALE rack and it was the only one left and it was in my size---sure sign we were meant to be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment