Thursday, July 19, 2012

On A Summery Thing to Do

I have this never ending bucket list of things that I want to do this summer.  I feel like I need to keep telling myself that I won't be returning to grad school in the Fall and that some things can wait until September or October and that I don't need to fit it all into what's left of July and August. 

One thing that I have done and enjoyed very much and would like to do again very soon is an outdoor wine tasting.  There is nothing like getting off work, taking off your shoes, spreading out a blanket, and tasting wines as the sun softens overhead. 

For those in LA there are many options.  Barnsdall Art Park has wine tastings every Friday--where I was last Friday. It's a touch pricy ($25 for a 4 wine flight) but all the proceeds go to restoring the Hollyhock House.   Malibu Wine is a bit of a trek, but there is no need to make a reservation and it is open 7 days a week ($12-$14 for a 4 wine flight).  

Malibu Wines pictured here.
Last summer, I will never forget a wine tasting I had in Santa Barbara.  It was right on the pier at the Conway Family Wines' Deep Sea Tasting Room.  This summer, I might try a tasting up in Oxnard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment