Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On Feelin' Like a Kid Again

Do you want to feel great? Go find your bike and ride it. 

 I woke up feeling iffy this Sunday, I was not sure if I wanted to partake in a city-wide event.  I was full of excuses, had plenty of schoolwork to tackle, but I ended up going to CicLAvia.  Now, I want nothing more than to spend my Sundays riding bikes.  

CicLAvia will be marked on my calendar from this point forward.  I will anticipate it and never possibly think of any excuse as to not attend this event.  The streets were closed to vehicles (well some motorscooters seemed to be among us).  The shops, bars, and cafes lining the route were spilling out into the streets.  People were joyous! A group of hundreds of joyous, light-hearted people in LA, you ask? Totally possible, just get them on bikes.  I couldn't wipe the grin off my face all day.  In fact, as  the California sun pierces through my windows, I am still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment